LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 jm123
|
I ultimately chose the correct answer but I was skeptical at first. My reasoning is that the correct answer states "significantly diminish," while the application states "diminishing their market value." I was skeptical because I said if the principal states significantly diminish then why would it strengthen an application that only includes diminishing?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
A Strengthen answer only needs to help a little bit in order to be good, jm123! While answer C does not PROVE the conclusion in the application of the legal doctrine, it sure does help, because it at least connects the idea of "diminished value" to the concept of "appropriation." It's not about whether the answer is perfect, but whether it helps, and if that help is more help than any of the other answer provides. Since none of the other answers helps at all, and answer C at least gets us into the right ballpark, it is the one that helps the most! (And you can imagine this thing going to court and turning on the question of whether the loss in value was significant or not).

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.