LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 younghoon27
|
I'm having a bit of an issue looking for where the author might agree with outside support to agree with answer D. I thought C would suffice due to the Burial of human remains found near the horses.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Young,

I'm not sure where you found the support for answer choice (C). It's a very strongly worded answer choice, stating that ANY prehistoric culture that arranges bones in a complex way has a high degree of social organization. That requires very strong supporting evidence in the stimulus showing that it applies to every single instance of prehistoric bones arranged that way.

Answer choice (D) on the other hand is well supported. To interpret the finding of the bones, we had to use information we know about how wild horses behave. Males don't stick together if they are hunted, but families of horses do stick together. The passages uses information other than the bones to explain how the bones got there, drawing on information on horse behavior as well as information on how the people there would likely have used the horse.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.