LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 BostonLawGuy
|
Is there any "best" approach with an acceptability question like this where only the last 4 items are shown?

I was able to eliminate a few of the answer choices just by looking at the last 4 items, but for most I had to brute force and check each one with a different game board to check for violations.
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Boston,

For this game, it may be somewhat difficult to list out a great many inferences. For a question like #1, that is no big deal. Just apply each rule in turn.

l>h eliminates (A)
ps/sp eliminates (B)
there is no obvious reason to eliminate (C)
t in 1 or 7 eliminates (D)
r or t in 1 eliminates (E)

Applying each rule in turn will often be sufficient to do those type of list questions. If you want to think of that as brute force, then I guess it's brute force, but I think of it as applying the rules one by one to the remaining answer choices. I don't evaluate each answer against all the rules (which would be brute force and an annoying memory task), I just ask myself to apply one rule at a time and cross out losers.
 BostonLawGuy
|
OK, thanks, that's a better approach than placing each of the 4 given elements into a 7 slot game board and looking for inferences. THANKS

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.