LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Lesson help relating to our Advanced Logic Games Course.
 ericj_williams
|
In the course it refers to four hybrid games.

What is the difference between a Grouping/Linear and Grouping/Sequencing.

The example the follows the 4 types refers to a grouping/sequencing.

What is an example of a grouping/linear that is not also sequencing?

They sound a bit redundant.
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ericj_williams!

Both Basic Linear and Pure Sequencing games involve placing variables into an order. The difference is that in a Pure Sequencing Game, you only have sequencing rules and in a Basic Linear game you may have sequencing rules but you also have other rules that are not just about where the variables can go relative to one another, but also where they can go relative to the base, such as "L must go 2nd or 3rd."

So a Grouping/Sequencing game is a game that has grouping rules and sequencing rules and a Grouping/Linear game is a game that has grouping rules, sequencing rules, and other linear types of rules.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 ericj_williams
|
KelseyWoods wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:21 pm Hi ericj_williams!

Both Basic Linear and Pure Sequencing games involve placing variables into an order. The difference is that in a Pure Sequencing Game, you only have sequencing rules and in a Basic Linear game you may have sequencing rules but you also have other rules that are not just about where the variables can go relative to one another, but also where they can go relative to the base, such as "L must go 2nd or 3rd."

So a Grouping/Sequencing game is a game that has grouping rules and sequencing rules and a Grouping/Linear game is a game that has grouping rules, sequencing rules, and other linear types of rules.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
It does actually. I feel I should have seen too. I almost feel a bit dumb now.

Oh well I'm learning I guess. Thank you for taking the time have a good rest of the week.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.