LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 lathlee
|
Hi. I am asking this question since the result published and no pressure to answer my question; I am asking the question in order to be ready for July 2018 LSAT which is coming up very soon. The reason I am asking this early is due to Powerscore is too popular and in very high demand these days so i feel that I need to ask a question as early as I can to be answered prior to the July 2018 LSAT.

Even though now I can see why A) is the correct answer, isn't also E) doesn't really influence the conclusion of this premise, making less of the following: valid or weaken or persuasive power weaken the conclusion in any manner?
 Rosaline
|
How does answer choice "C" strengthen the argument? It seemed irrelevant to me when I took the test which is why I picked it. I now see show "D" is correct because if the running was inhibited, it hurts the argument about dinosaurs needing a running start. As I read the answer choice more more, does "C" help the argument because the first part mentions that the feathers provided lift? Thanks in advance for your help!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lathlee wrote:Hi. I am asking this question since the result published and no pressure to answer my question; I am asking the question in order to be ready for July 2018 LSAT which is coming up very soon. The reason I am asking this early is due to Powerscore is too popular and in very high demand these days so i feel that I need to ask a question as early as I can to be answered prior to the July 2018 LSAT.

Even though now I can see why A) is the correct answer, isn't also E) doesn't really influence the conclusion of this premise, making less of the following: valid or weaken or persuasive power weaken the conclusion in any manner?
Hi Lathlee

Sorry we didn't get to this before the July test! Hope that it went well for you---but I figured I'd answer anyway just in case you were still curious.

Answer choice (E) weakens the argument by further associating the early flying dinosaurs with trees. We want to support the idea that the early flying dinosaurs were gliding from trees rather than flying from the ground. Answer choice (E) explains why they would have been in trees---if their predators couldn't climb trees, they would go to the trees to avoid predators. And they'd probably spend more time in the trees, and be more likely to glide instead of fly from the ground.

Hope that helped!
Rachael
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Rosaline wrote:How does answer choice "C" strengthen the argument? It seemed irrelevant to me when I took the test which is why I picked it. I now see show "D" is correct because if the running was inhibited, it hurts the argument about dinosaurs needing a running start. As I read the answer choice more more, does "C" help the argument because the first part mentions that the feathers provided lift? Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi Rosaline,

Let's take a look at answer choice (C). We are looking for an answer that strengthens the claim that the first flying dinosaurs were gliding from trees rather than flying from the ground. If the feathers on these dinosaurs were better for gliding than flying, that would strengthen the claim that these dinosaurs glided.

Answer choice (D) is also not correct. If there were feathers on their feet that interfered with their ability to fly, that would strengthen the claim that the dinosaurs didn't really fly, they glided.

Answer choice (A) however does not strengthen the argument, and thus is the correct answer. The fact that these dinosaurs built their nest at the base of trees doesn't really speak to flying or gliding. The dinosaurs could do either from the base of a tree.

Hope that helps!
Rachael
 Rosaline
|
Thanks. I mispoke on about answer choice "D" I meant to say incorrect on that one.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.