LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This is a Defined-Fixed, Overloaded, Unbalanced,Grouping Game

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!

Main diagram:
C4E2EE1F-3BFF-4ED0-9159-010A005FF113 7.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 David_S
|
I was really confused by this game, and lost quite a few minutes, because nowhere does it say someone cannot be nominated for multiple positions. I always thought I should never assume anything beyond the rules. Was that just a "common sense" assumption? I am both the president and treasurer of the same nonprofit...
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's not based on an assumption, David_S, but on this language in the scenario:
members of a political party are nominating four individuals to run for three offices
That means we need four different people in our group. If one person was nominated for two of the four positions, we would not have four individuals nominated!
 jailenea
|
Why do we have K in a shared slot as a nominee that must be out? (noted as "-/K" above)

K can very well be in so long as H isn't in C and is, therefore, in T, meaning J isn't in M and that K is in M). This is why I didn't have the second out slot filled in but just noted and blank. Am I missing something?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jailenea,

"/K" is the second half of the Split Dual Option that K has - K is either mayor or not nominated at all. We are not saying, and that representation does not mean, that K is not nominated - it's a statement about K, that it has two choices - mayor or out.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.