LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 smedlin
|
Where is evidence presented for E to be correct?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
smedlin,

Answer choice (D) is correct for this question, and the basis for that is line 35.

Robert Carroll
 marilati
|
Hi, can you please explain how to go from "gender-specific work roles and hierarchical relationships" to skilled occupations?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
marilati,

That is not needed. Line 35 provides the basis for this answer: "crafts, trades, arts, or science".

Robert Carroll
 cinder.ella
|
Hello,

I understand why D is correct, but I was leaning toward A. I interpreted A as reasserting ancient views (ie changing gender roles). But A is wrong because Gilman did not discuss ancient social theories? I kind-of thought she had in some ways, but is this too out of scope? Could you explain why A is wrong?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi cinderella,

The verb used in answer choice (A) is "reclamation." Reclamation means going BACK to ancient social theories. Her theory was that the future would involve a balance of different qualities of both male and female traditional values. That is not the same as going back to an ancient social theory. We are not returning to the structure of hunter/gatherer. This passage is all about the evolution of societal structures. We wouldn't expect to move backward.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.