LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 shanhickey
|
Hello!

I am surprised there are no posts on this question yet. I had a bit of difficulty with it. My biggest mistake was I simply MISREAD answer choice A and crossed it off without a second thought. After reviewing this question, it definitely makes sense how it is right. However, I am having difficulty being able to understand why D is wrong. Can we discuss this?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Shan,

Answer choice (D) focuses a lot on the author's evaluation of the theories. The passage is focused on Gilman and her goals/beliefs. The author is positive toward her, but the passage does not focus on evaluating her beliefs or goals. Answer choice (D) has that evaluation at the core, mentioning it multiple times in the structure suggested.

Hope that helps.
 lsatstudent2
|
Hi,
Why is answer choice E incorrect?
 lsatstudent2
|
I meant answer C*
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lsatstudent2,

Answer choice (C) is backwards in its first two statements. The general theoretical context of Darwinism is in the first paragraph, and Gilman's specific version of it isn't entered into until the second paragraph. Answer choice (C) claims that there is an interpretation of Gilman's works first, and only then a relation to a more general theoretical context.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.