LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below! Thank you!
 harvoolio
|
There was another question like this in another PrepTest that I got wrong too which most people get right. I think my mind does not work in the proper way to see this type of stuff easily. So, maybe process of elimination is the way to go.

Can we treat word "misinterpreted" questions like Point at Issue questions and apply the Yes/No Test? I got it down to (B) and (D) and just guessed wrong (B) and moved on. What was easy:

(A) Eliminate A because Rose's meaning is to watch the movie and B would agree with that (or interpret it as such) in repeating the same terminology with the same intent in saying "make you not want to see the movie".
(C) Eliminate C in that Rose means a local newspaper and B would agree with that (or interpret it as such) in stating "nothing in that (news)paper is particularly well written.
(E) Eliminate E because Rose means the time period of years and Chester says nothing to contradict that.

What in retrospect I should have seen.

(B) Eliminate B in that Rose means "read a review" by saying "caught a review" and Chester understood her to have read a review in stating "besides nothing in that paper is particularly well written".

Select (D) and move on.

I couldn't see that Chester thought it was the writing quality of the review even though it is obvious in retrospect.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.