LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below! Thank you!
 chian9010
|
I can totally understand why D is correct.
However, I feel like answer B is correct as well even though in reality the logic of B is weird. However, the question stem indicates that "assume each answer choice is valid," therefore, if we assume B is valid (in other words, we don't care about its logic), could you let me know why B is incorrect?
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Chian9010,
Answer B appears to be backwards. According to the argument, we cannot construct a model for the senses because we do not understand the senses. But we were able to construct a model for our analytic capabilities because we understand them. So to match the reasoning in the stimulus we need our understanding to start with our own capabilities, and that will help us to create computers to match or surpass us.
Hope that helps!
-Malila
 andrewb22
|
What is (A) saying here? I had it down to (A) and (D) and chose (D). To me, (A) means: how difficult it is to build models of cognitive tasks is a good baseline for how difficult those tasks will be. If I interpreted that correctly, what makes this answer choice different than (D)?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Andrew,

Answer choice (A) is a little turned around. Our stimulus is saying that the degree of difficulty in modeling is tied to how well we can understand a process. Answer choice (A) talks describes the difficulty in modeling with how well we can complete that process. We have no reason to think that reasoning is easier or harder for humans that sensing something with our eyes. We just know it is more difficult to get a computer model for sight than for reasoning.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.