LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 araujoelizabethh
|
As I am reviewing this question, I am still unsure how to diagram it for the answer to be A. Could you please explain how to answer this question.
 Beth Hayden
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Araujo,

This is definitely a tricky game to diagram! It's counterintuitive but this game is much easier if you make the days of the week the base, and use the floors as your variables. Here's what my setup looks like:
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 5.21.54 PM.png
Then for the rules, I just diagrammed them like any linear game:
2 :longline: 8
3 :longline: 7 :longline: 5
No consecutive floors together
4 = TH or F (you can also just write these as not laws in the diagram)

Now we start out knowing that the third floor is on Thursday.

The first inference you can make from that is that 7 must be on Friday and 5 must be on Saturday, because of the 3 :longline: 7 :longline: 5 rule.

Next, because 4 can only be on TH or F, and 3 is on TH, 4 must go on Friday (otherwise there would be consecutive floors on TH).

Lastly, since 2 has to come before 8, it is either on W or TH. But it can't be on TH, because 2 and 3 can't go together, so 2 must be on W.
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 5.24.07 PM.png
Finally, we've only got 3 variables left: 1, 6, and 8. 1 can't go on W because 1 and 2 can't go together, and 8 can't go on W because 2 has to come before it. That means that 6 must be on W and 1/8 are in the remaining two spots.
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 5.24.37 PM.png
From there the question is pretty easy because 1 is either on TH or SA, and answer choices B, C, D, and E can be ruled out based on the diagram.

Hope that helps!
Beth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.