LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

In C, the rule posited would merely require the fourth to be prior to the fifth floor; remember that, according to the rules, the fifth floor must be in either on Friday or Saturday, thus any rule requiring the fourth to go before the fifth floor, without more, would allow for the fourth floor to potentially go on three days, Thursday, Friday, but also Wednesday, since all we require is that the fourth floor go some time prior to the fifth.

To see this, consider the following: Wednesday: fourth and second, Thursday: third and sixth, Friday: seventh and first, and Saturday: fifth and eighth.

Let me know if you have further questions.
 lmoriart
|
Hi!

I'm confused still why A is correct. I'm finding that if I set up my diagram as such using the new rule that 4th and 7th floor must be on same or consecutive floors, I can get the 4th floor examined on Thursday. What am I missing? I have all the floors examined per day separated by at least 1 floor, second floor before eighth, third floor before seventh, and seventh before fifth.

Wed: 3 6
Thurs: 2 4
Fri: 7 1
Sat: 5 8

Thank you!
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lmoriart!

Apologies if I'm not understanding your question, but you mention that you can get the 4th floor examined on Thursday--is there a problem with that?

The question asks for a rule that would have the same effect as the final rule of the game. The diagram you provide fits with all the rules and additionally fits with the rule given in answer choice (A). Another possibility that would work is if you switched the numbers for Thursday and Friday (2 and 4 on Friday, 7 and 1 on Thursday). So under this new rule in (A), 4 could occur on Thursday or Friday, and only on those days (there's no room for 3 or 5 if 4 is placed on Wednesday or Saturday). In other words, this answer choice has the same effect as the final rule.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.