LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 hope
|
Hi. I chose AC E because Passage B MENTIONS "In a sense, candor is an essential prerequisite of all other restraints on abuse of judicial power..." (line 43) Also lines 38-40 mentions how the absence of an obligation to be candid would dilute the constraints on judges powers. To me, all this speaks to the abuse of power of AC E. I don't see Passage A mentioning this at all.

Is A correct because of what's written in paragraph 2? I need clarity. Thank you.
 atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Hope,

I hope you'll forgive the confusion here, but I also hope you'll allow me to beam disinfectant upon this apparent mixup in rulings! AC E is indeed correct! You got it right! And for the very reasons you so stated! Awesome job, and in spite of how A may seem like the correct answer, E is certainly that which passage A neglects to mention whatsoever.

Hooray... and I (hopefully) do mean ray!
 Henry Z
|
Isn't (E) mentioned at the end of Passage A ("Rather, the duty to speak truthfully and openly is an independent CONSTRAINT on our actions. This suggests a second way to defend the principle of judicial sincerity, namely, by appealing to moral principles rather than prudential considerations.")?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Henry,

A general constraint on actions is different than acting as a restraint on a specific concern---that is it doesn't mean the same thing as restraining judicial abuse of power. Constraining action is a very general idea, while restraining abuse of power is a specific type of restraint.

Hope that helps.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.