LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 lsatstudying11
|
Hello!

I get why C is the better answer than D, but I am a little thrown off by the fact that Bettina gives the option of a 'better alternative' to student evaluations. In this case, couldn't it be said that Oscar and Bettina disagree? I feel like what makes D problematic is that Bettina also gives the option of adding a supplement to student evaluations, which I am thinking stands in the way of D being necessarily a point of disagreement. I guess what I am wondering is whether D is wrong because it is not a point on which they necessarily disagree, though it is possible that they might disagree? More broadly, for questions like this, is the correct answer always going to refer to something that the two people necessarily (and not only possibly) disagree on? Thanks in advance :-D
 Frank Peter
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lsatstudying,
lsatstudying11 wrote: is the correct answer always going to refer to something that the two people necessarily (and not only possibly) disagree on?
That is exactly right. With regards to (D), we know that Oscar would disagree that teacher performance should be assessed without student evaluations, but Bettina's viewpoint we can't be quite sure about. It's possible Bettina would agree, but we cannot say for sure.

(C) is the better answer because we know that they have clear viewpoints on this issue. Oscar thinks student evaluations are the "best assessment", but Bettina clearly thinks there is room for improvement.
 christinecwt
|
Hi Team - I won'der why Answer Choice A is incorrect?
 atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello,

Let's use the agree/agree test. Oscar says that the students are best at evaluating the teachers, so he would certainly agree with A. Bettina says that students' judgements of the teacher will become more accurate over time, so he would probably also agree with A, just not at the end of the class. Thus, both would agree with A, and so A is not the best answer.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.