LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 180bound
|
Could someone explain the best way to approach this question? I have a hard time knowing where to start with these question types.
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi 180Bound,

This can be a tricky question unless we have a good diagram and understanding of the rules. We're being asked to force F into the 4th day, with Q as well. To do this, we have to look at all the rules and how they interact:

F can't go third, because it's with Q;

G and H must have the same interviewer, which isn't particularly important here;

G and I cannot be next to each other. This means that either F or H or both must be in between the two, and F can't in this case because we're pushing it into the 4 slot. So we're going to have to split G and I with H, and the only way to do that is to put H in the second slot, forcing G or I into the first slot, leaving F to have to go into 4 (as it can't go into 3).

Hope this helps!
 menkenj
|
I read the question backwards and got it wrong. I read it as "If Farrell is interviewed fourth the which one of the following must be true." Ugh, silly mistake!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.