LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 KwakuS
|
Hello,

For this question, I placed Ikaba as third because I knew that Rivera did the third interview, so I thought that would be a good place to start. I ended up getting the question right, but is that a good way to go about the question? Or should I have looked to put Ikaba in different spots?

Thank you,
Kwaku
 Beth Hayden
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Kwaku,

Absolutely, that is how I started as well.

First of all, there are three investigators and each is used once, so one of them is doubled up. Since H and G are interviewed by the same investigator, whichever one is used twice will be matched up with H and G.

Here, if I is interviewed by R, and F is interviewed by Q, S must be the interviewer that goes twice with both H and G. Great, now we've got all of our interviewers and witnesses paired up:

H with S
G with S
F with Q
I with R

All that's left is to put those pairs in order. Since I is the only witness matched up with R, I has to be third. But that's not an answer choice, so we're going to need to look for more inferences.

G and I cannot be interviewed on consecutive days, and since I is third, the only day that is available for G is first. If G is second or fourth, it would be consecutive with I, violating the rule. As a result, it must be true that Greer is interviewed first, which is answer choice (B).

Hope that helps!
 KwakuS
|
Thank you Beth. That's very helpful.

Thanks,
Kwaku

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.