LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 mlhotak@gmail.com
|
Hi PowerScore! I appreciated the crystal ball webinar last night.

Would you recommend using templates to attack this game and would that make this question easier? This question took me too long and I had to comeback and do it last.

QF on the first day makes the rest of the game pretty restricted right?
 Beth Hayden
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Mlhotak,

If you try to setup templates for the whole game there just aren't very many inferences to make. However, I did find that for this particular question it was helpful to just split it into two universes, which is much faster than trying to sketch out all five answer choices.

All you know starting out is that S is 4 and R is 3:
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.36.52 PM.png
There are only two spots to place the QF block, and then for each scenario there is an open slot for the investigator. Since all three investigators have already been used, we know it's going to be a repeat:
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.43.22 PM.png
G and I can't be next to each other, so we can make a couple more inferences there:
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.45.58 PM.png
Now there can only be one investigator that does two interviews, and we know that G and H have to have the same interviewer, so the investigator that doubles up has to be assigned to one of them. From there you can fill out the entire first scenario:
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.48.54 PM.png
Now if you look at the answer choices, we've shown in the first scenario that F can be interviewed first, so (A) is correct. You'll also see that all of the other answer choices can't be true because they don't fit into either template.

Hope that helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.