LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 monsterbug
|
Hi, the answer for this question is E, while mine is D.

I think the answer E "Saturday's special is quesadillas" conflicts with the rule that states "Quesadillas are the special the day before the gazpacho special is offered". That makes Quesadillas the special for Saturday impossible.
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Monsterbug,
For answer choice E, Quesadillas could be the special that appears twice that week so one would be the day before the Gazpacho special and the other could be on Saturday.
Hope that helps!
-Malila
 wisesther
|
Hi, this answer still doesn’t clarify why D isn’t an option since in the options it could be. Thank you
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
wisesther,

G is offered once, so if G were on Friday, that would be the only time it's used. Q is supposed to go the day before G. But if G were Friday, the only day right before G would be Thursday. Q can't go Thursday, though, because a rule says that P is on Thursday.

Robert Carroll
 rachel22
|
hi! why would the answer be E instead of B? Why would B be wrong? I know the original question says that quesadillas come the day before gazpacho, and with the restaurant closed on sundays, saturday’s special isn’t the day before anything.
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Rachel22,

If it helps you to see this, you could play out the templates where the QG block goes. The only places that the QG block can go is on Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday. Regardless you will have to have a Q or a G on Tuesday, making B incorrect.

With E there is no problem with Quesadillas going on Saturday. Quesadillas would just have to be the entity that goes twice if that happens. You could have QGLPNQ in that order, making E correct.

I hope this helps and good luck with your studying.

Best,
Ryan
 hope
|
I agree with the answer could be B, with nachos being on Tuesday.

LNLPQG

Couldn't that be true?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Hope,

That wouldn't work because of the rule that Q cannot go on Friday.

Hope that helps!
 hope
|
You know it does Rachel. Thanks very much. Completely overlooked that little rule.
hope

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.