LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 caracarruthers
|
I don't understand how E is the correct answer. In the actual question stem, it says that "Pizza is Thursday’s special, but not Saturday’s." If it is not Saturday's special, then how can linguini be Friday's special if it has to be the day before pizza? I am definitely missing something, and I can't figure out what it is.
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Cara,

You forgot that, in this game, one special is offered twice (on nonconsecutive days), and L could be the special that is offered twice. So here's a possible solution for answer choice E that conforms to the rules and this question stem, confirming that E is the correct answer:

Mon: Q
Tues: G
Wed: L
Thurs: P
Fri: L
Sat: N

I hope this helps!
 hope
|
Since I got most of these questions wrong, I assume that my diagram is wrong or either I don't quite understand the rules. It would be nice if an administrator would post the diagram and rules on the setup page.

Anyway, I see how E can work, but I see D working also. I need to know why D doesn't work along with a diagram and rules for this game. Thank you.
QGLPLN
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi hope,

The reason that answer choice (D) can't work is because we can only use nachos once, and we need nachos S Remember, N and L are the only two options for F/S. If we use N on Weds, we won't have anything to put on S.

Here's what answer choice (D) would look like

QGNPL?

We can't use Q on S, because G has to be after it and there's no space after S. We can't use G on S, because because Q isn't on F, L is. We can't use P on S because we have a rule against it. And we can't use L on S because that would put the special on two consecutive days.

Hope that helps!
 hope
|
Rachael thanks for your reply, but I see my mistake now and it is as clear as day.

"D" says that N is on Wednesday. But N cannot be on Wednesday because when placing L before P like the question stem says, L ends on on Wednesday. So, N cannot be placed on top of L -- maybe in real life but certainly not in this game. But thanks for your help.
Hope

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.