LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 nwang121
|
I'm a little confused on this question, but I got through the rest of the game pretty easily -

If M is at 2 in the East theater, doesn't that force O and P to be at 3 pm? And since U needs to be before G, that would force U to be at 1 and G to be at 2, right? Leaving S to fill the other 1 pm spot. So the only set up would be something like: U at 1E, S at 1W, M at 2E, G at 2W, and O/P at 3E/W.

Using this set up, I wasn't sure between B, D, and E. Could someone let me know why D and E are incorrect? Thanks!

Nicole
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Your setup and inferences in this question are perfect, Nicole! So I suspect the problem is that you misread the question. Check it again - it's asking which of the answer CANNOT be true! D and E are each possible, A and C MUST be true, but answer B absolutely cannot happen. As you said, S is at 1:00 in the West theater, so there is no way that it is at 2:00!
 nwang121
|
How could D and E be possible?

Thanks,
Nicole
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's right there built into your setup as you described it! O and P are each at 3pm, but they can be in either theater - it could be O in the East, P in the West, or P in the East and O in the West. So, P could be in the East theater, the same theater as M (making answer D possible), or it could be in the West theater where S is (which means E is possible.) They of course cannot be possible at the same time - it would have to be one or else the other - but each of them is, by itself, a possibility.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.