LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post below with any questions!
 ChicaRosa
|
I originally chose A under timed conditions and I now understand why it's incorrect but is D correct because of ln 52-56?

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I would say that the evidence is found more evenly distributed around the passage and not just in those lines, Chica, including the two lines just before them at 50-51, but the lines you cited do somewhat neatly sum up that very idea. Good work!
 mjb514
|
Can you please explain why B is wrong
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi mjb514,
If you look at the line that states: "But if this critique of the modular theory of mind
is valid, how can one account for the fact that...(results in the subtractive method)," it is referring to the critique by Uttal. So the author is saying that: If Uttal is right, how can we explain these other things that happen (the subtractive method) that Uttal's critique did not account for.

So, Answer B claims that the subtractive method supports Uttal, but the stimulus supports the fact that the subtactive method is not supported by Uttal's hypothesis.

Hope this helps!
-Malila

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.