LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post below with any questions!
 Alexander Rothschild
|
I believe the correct answer choice for this question is "B", but I am not 100% sure.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Alexander Rothschild wrote:I believe the correct answer choice for this question is "B", but I am not 100% sure.
Hey Alexander,

If you don't have the answer keys, you can input your answers into our free scoring system at: http://students.powerscore.com/self-study/index.cfm. That would allow you to get a complete answer key for any LSAT since those readouts evaluate your performance on a question by question basis, and include all of the correct answers :-D
 lathlee
|
hI. I COULDN'T eliminate between b and c. where is the relevant info to eliminate c) as the incorrect answer?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I'm going to flip that one around on you, lathlee, because we frequently don't find evidence to eliminate answer choices, although it does sometimes occur. Instead, we mostly find evidence to support answer choices. So, where is your evidence that supports the claim that Mesolithic humans grazed domesticated animals in clearings? Is there any evidence that they even had domesticated animals? Don't rely on the evidence about other premodern human populations, because the question was about the Mesolithic humans from 7000 to 12,000 years ago.

I don't think you'll find any. Answer C isn't eliminated because there is evidence against it, but because there is no evidence for it. Answer B, however, is supported by the first two sentences of the passage.

Find evidence to support your answer choice. Don't worry about finding evidence against the other answers, but just pick the one that IS supported.
 lsatstudying11
|
Hello!

I chose C, and can now see that's wrong because of the word 'domesticated.' However, I am struggling with B because of the 'whether' phrasing in paragraph one. Here, it seems like the resource-procurement model is not actually certain whether the clearings were used for hunting or simply grazing. Would B be considered correct because it is the best possible answer, even if we are not sure that the clearings were used for hunting? Thanks in advance :-D
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The "whether" in the second sentence is not setting up a choice between hunting and not-hunting, lsatstudying11. It's setting up a choice between intentionally drawing in prey to hunt ("to attract grazing animals") or just taking advantage of the situation that they did not intentionally create ("opportunistic hunting"). Attracting grazing animals is still about hunting those animals; think of the clearing as bait. That's why we have good support for answer B.

But yes, in the end, even if we weren't sure that attracting grazing animals implied hunting them, B is still the best answer of the bunch and therefore must be the one we select!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.