LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 Ian888
|
Hello, right now I am struggling to improve on LR questions. It varies a bit across the board but I have been focusing on flaw questions as they seem to be my biggest weakness. I am wondering if anyone has some tips on how to improve on the more difficult questions. I used 7Sage question sets to do 10 moderate difficulty questions, 10 hard questions and 10 hardest question. My accuracy dropped and time increased significantly when I did the 10 hardest questions. How do I get better at the 5 star difficulty question in LR, but specifically flaw? Thanks
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ian,

It's hard to say specifically without knowing more details about your performance and your specific reasoning on responses. One thing I would note is that you shouldn't be aiming to do the hardest questions in one minute and twenty-five seconds. Those very hard questions are designed to take longer than typical, and ideally, you'd make up the time working faster on earlier questions.

When you say your accuracy goes down, is that when you are trying to do them timed? I really only recommend timing when you are doing full sections. Otherwise, you are not really practicing authentically and could be starting to cut corners in ways you should not.

Generally, students improve in flaw questions by becoming stronger at prephrasing. The better you know what you are looking for in a correct answer choice, the faster and more accurate you'll be. The other piece of advice is to remember that half-right half-wrong answer choices are all wrong. As soon as you see something that doesn't match the flaw in the stimulus, you should eliminate that answer choice. You don't need to keep reading and analyzing once you find a part of the answer choice that does not match.

We have a free seminar coming up all about flaws. You can register for it here.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.