LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 tbrou34
|
Hi!
I happened to be listening an podcast made in 2019 discussing how to handle parallel reasoning questions in the logical reasoning section. In the podcast, someone mentioned that if you see any obvious or notable form of reasoning that jumps out at you in the stimulus, go to the answer choices to see if any of the arguments in the answer choices also use that same form of reasoning. My question is what are some examples of notable forms of reasoning to look for? I know that you guys mentioned circular reasoning as an example. I also know that conditional and cause-effect reasoning are two other forms of reasoning. What are other notable forms of reasoning to look out for?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
All those forms you mentioned qualify, and then any of the numerous identified flaws in the reasoning also qualify (for many examples of those, listen to our podcast series on Flaws starting with episode 24: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/24/). The LRB and our courses cover even more of those flaws.

Thanks!
 tbrou34
|
Awesome. Powerscore has been extremely helpful. Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.