LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 gingerale
|
Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody has found it helpful to highlight portions of stimuli on some LR questions. I've been using it recently to emphasize modifiers and I've been debating also highlighting conditional statments and/or premises and conclusions on the tougher, more complex questions. Is this worth my time and is there anybody else who's had success doing this and if so, what else did you highlight on LR?
 Ryan Twomey
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Gingerale,

Others can feel free to chime in here. But it depends on how much time you are spending highlighting. I tell my students who are still a few months out from the test, that going 19/20 and guessing on the last 5 questions in LR is better than going 19/25 and rushing too much because you can always get faster as you continue your studies. You'll go 1/5 guessing and end up with a 20/25.I say this with the caveat that you want to be getting to all of your LR questions by test day.

So I would say use the highlighter if it helps you. I like to use a computer mouse instead of the trackpad on my laptop and this might help you with the highlighter tool. I also take a fair amount of notes in LR on my scratch piece of paper especially for conditional reasoning problems or just stimuluses that are giving me a hard time. I probably take notes on 5-7 out of the 25 questions in LR.

So basically my advice is do whatever will help you get questions right for now. As you get about a month out from your test date, start worrying seriously about speed and adjust from there.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Ryan

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.