LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to LSAT Logical Reasoning.
 cmorris32
|
Hi PowerScore,

I wanted to double check that there are no possible inferences from these two formal logic chains:

A :most: B :some: C

and

A :some: B :most: C ?

Thanks in advance!
 cmorris32
|
Thank you, Dave!

I was also wondering if you had any tips for prephrasing / evaluating answer choices for weaken questions without a causal conclusion? I am struggling to evaluate the answer choices and come up with good reasons to eliminate answer choices with harder weaken (non-causal) questions, usually later in the sections.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-D
 litigationqueen
|
Hello,

I just reviewed the Formal Logic Chapter in the LR Bible and am wondering why "Most are not" (not most) has the numerical value of 0-49 and not 0-50. Isn't 50 still considered "not most"

Meanwhile, "Most" has the numerical value of 51-100.

Where or when is the 50 accounted for? If it is, is it simply considered half?

Please advise.

Thank you!
 litigationqueen
|
Also can someone tell me if "tend to" is equivalent to "most" or "usually"?

Thank you!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
litigationqueen wrote:Also can someone tell me if "tend to" is equivalent to "most" or "usually"?

Thank you!
All three are equivalent when used on the LSAT, and mean over 50% of the time :-D
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
litigationqueen wrote:Hello,

I just reviewed the Formal Logic Chapter in the LR Bible and am wondering why "Most are not" (not most) has the numerical value of 0-49 and not 0-50. Isn't 50 still considered "not most"

Meanwhile, "Most" has the numerical value of 51-100.

Where or when is the 50 accounted for? If it is, is it simply considered half?

Please advise.

Thank you!
50 would be called half. this is because if you say something happens 50 out of 100 times, it wasn't most of the time (since it also did not happen exactly 50 times, and equal number).

Tricky I know, but the LSAT has not in the past played games with the "half" distinction on the test, which is good news.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.