LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Kdup
|
Hi Powerscore,

I am having a little trouble understanding a particular inference. I am currently taking the online course and I am doing L6 HWK, page 6-65 #3. I easily understand why EFI must occur and what D and L must not occur. However when it comes to reasons why B must occur and why A must not occur I am a little lost.

So, I diagrammed those two scenarios like the following:

A- :arrow: B slash
B :arrow: A slash

Bslash :arrow: H or I
H and I slash :arrow: B

My reasoning was that B or A were free to float in this sense because H and I satisfy the necessary conditions of being in.. so, B could or could not occur. However, the "not both" looks like it plays a part in where I could have possibly went wrong in the analysis.. Any help will be greatly appreciated
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi K,

This is a tough drill, so I'm going to start by referring you to a broad discussion of some of the rules in this drill, including the ones you mention: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=7569.

Let's start there and see how it goes—I think that will clear up a lot of your questions, including the one about #3, which is addressed at the end of that thread. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.