LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gwdecker
|
question 23 from the october 1997 logic game, the book says that answer choice c can be determined correct through process of elimination but when I tested the answer choice I found that, like the rest of the answer choices, it violates some rule. Specifically, T would have speak second at one of the meetings which would require R to speak first (because the answer choice says t speaks in some time slot after the time slot in which R speaks), but if R speaks first then it will have to speak fifth at one of the meetings and then there would be no time slot for t to speak in (because there are only 5 spots). I guess if the rule is such that speaking 5th at a meeting requires that you spoke first at another meeting but speaking first at a meeting does not require that you speak fifth at another meeting then it would make sense but.... that doesn't seem to be what the rule was saying and my interpretation worked for all of the other questions in the game so could someone explain why c is the correct answer other than through process of elimination. Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey GW,

You are actually on to the big issue with this game: the rule only states that if you speak 5th then you must also speak 1st, and it's not the other way around. I touched on this rule in a discussion of #22 in response to a question from another student, so I'm going to post that in here and see if it helps: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7522&p=19317. While that's not #23, similar issues arise with that one.

I have a meeting at the moment, but afterwards I'll check back in, and if the linked explanation didn't help then I'll go into more detail. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.