LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B)

As mentioned in the passage comparison discussion, both authors acknowledge that the IIPA report is significant in its effect on U.S. foreign policy. They merely disagree over the accuracy of the report’s criticisms. Answer choice D is often tempting for test takers, but it can be eliminated as neither passage specifically discusses the how policymakers in other countries feel about the report. Answer choices A and C are based on the first paragraph of passage B, but you cannot know that the author of passage B would agree with either of these two statements.
 beachgirl1019
|
Can you please help me understand why answer choice C is incorrect? I though passage B would agree that the report is too detailed as they said in lines 48-49, "the IIPA report strays into minutiae." Passage A also says in lines 28 and 29 "there are literally dozens of equally questionable criticisms."
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
While the author of passage B might be forced to agree with answer C, beachgirl1019, based on that "strays into minutia" comment, author A isn't concerned with how much detail the report contains, but only with the questionable nature of the criticisms in the report. Author A might have no problem at all with the level of detail IF the report had not been so controversial, hypocritical, and otherwise wrong in what it said. So I don't think we have evidence that A would have to agree with this statement. The report has a lot of problems in their view, but "too detailed" doesn't make that list!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.