LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Blueballoon5%
|
The answer key in the end of the homework section explains that "the author does not take a strong view on any of them." However, it seems like the author is taking a stance. I feel like the author is arguing against the current position of the ecological reformers (lines 10-15). The author proceeds to, in the second and third paragraph, to explain why the past position of ecological reformers (like Marsh) were preferable. Then the author ends, with the third and fourth paragraph, by explaining the present model (which is more unbias).

For this question, I feel like answer choice E is a better choice. Isn't choice D (the correct answer) too neutral for this passage? The author seems to take a position and uses the background historical information to support the overarching thesis that the past was better.

Sorry for asking so many Reading Comp questions! I know they are more difficult to answer! I appreciate your help :)
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Blueballoon5% wrote:The answer key in the end of the homework section explains that "the author does not take a strong view on any of them." However, it seems like the author is taking a stance. I feel like the author is arguing against the current position of the ecological reformers (lines 10-15). The author proceeds to, in the second and third paragraph, to explain why the past position of ecological reformers (like Marsh) were preferable. Then the author ends, with the third and fourth paragraph, by explaining the present model (which is more unbias).

For this question, I feel like answer choice E is a better choice. Isn't choice D (the correct answer) too neutral for this passage? The author seems to take a position and uses the background historical information to support the overarching thesis that the past was better.

Sorry for asking so many Reading Comp questions! I know they are more difficult to answer! I appreciate your help :)

Hello Blueballoon5%,

That author may not really take a favored position, and may be just offering some history and context.Just because things may have been less polarized a while back, that doesn't mean the author thinks the views of that time were necessarily better.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.