LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Blueballoon5%
|
I am a bit confused with answer choice A and B. It seems to me that both answers work, but that answer choice A is the better answer (the correct answer is answer choice B). I feel like the author is primarily concerned with promoting human indicators (not GNP) as the soundest indicator of the economic health of a nation. The author is pointing out the "weaknesses in one standard for measuring a nation's welfare," but that is to support the author's primary argument that human indicators are a better option.
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Blueballoon5% wrote:I am a bit confused with answer choice A and B. It seems to me that both answers work, but that answer choice A is the better answer (the correct answer is answer choice B). I feel like the author is primarily concerned with promoting human indicators (not GNP) as the soundest indicator of the economic health of a nation. The author is pointing out the "weaknesses in one standard for measuring a nation's welfare," but that is to support the author's primary argument that human indicators are a better option.

Hello Blueballoon5%,

Human indicators are important, which is why it's a weakness not to deal with them, so answer B is correct. Answer A is not the worst possible answer, but "delineate a new method of directing..." sounds a little strong, since directing economic efforts isn't mentioned too much outside of lines 49-50, whereas the whole passage is about the weakness of the per capita GNP standard. Also, the author may suggest shifting focus, but may not "delineate a new method" per se.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.