LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11242)

Question 15 revolves entirely around H and V being separated by T (in some order), and Question 17 is aided by it. Meaning for 15 an HV block is impossible since there's no room in the middle for T, and for 17 the same thing rules out (E): H can't be immediately before V.

The rest of 17's wrong answers can be dismissed either with Not Laws (A) or the H --- L --- M sequence issues (C and D, where with D theres no room for H and M to both come before L in 4).
 LSAT1802017
|
So would you say I should approach this Q to eliminate four answers instead of trying out B and then moving on if it works?
This game particularly has lots of global CBTs so I am not sure if reading all 5 answers and eliminating 4 wrong answers would be the most effective approach.

Thanks! :-D
 Francis O'Rourke
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LSAT180,

I would not personally move on past a "could be true" question until I was sure that I understood why the other four answer choices could not be true. By doing this, I catch a lot of small errors.

The trade off is obvious though. By making sure that you are avoiding small mistakes, you are moving through the section more slowly. For me I know that I will have enough time to finish every question and be able to eliminate every wrong answer.

Although the majority of students I work achieve higher scores when they slow down and try to analyze every answer choice, you will need to figure this out for yourself. Take a couple of different logic games sections. On some of them, move on as soon as you see one answer choice on these questions that could be true. On other practice sections, force yourself to prove that the other four answers cannot be true. I expect that you will do better by focusing on accuracy, but you should prove it for yourself.

One additional thought to consider is that by disproving the four wrong answers, you will gain greater understanding of the game that you are working on. This will in turn help you answer other questions more quickly and more confidently.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.