LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post below with any questions!
 myaysa.evans16
|
Hi, I was stuck between E and C. I chose E "provided the patron with personal satisfaction", I thought this was the best answer because of what is said in the second paragraph. "if one commissions a famous architect to design one’s house, that may reflect great credit on one’s taste, even if one finds the house impossible to live in..." how does this explain C rather than E?
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Mya,

For personal satisfaction, you'd expect to be able to use or enjoy the art. A house that one cannot live in is more for display than personal satisfaction. We can get answer choice (E) looking at the lines immediately following the lines 12-13 where it states that the home may reflect "great credit" onto their taste. It's more about how other's perceive the patron than any intrinsic pleasure the house may cause.

Hope that helps!
Rachael
 silver2731
|
"may reflect great credit on one's taste"

One in the above means the patron, right? doesn't it mean then the architect's work reflect great credit on the patron's taste so wouldn't it be likely that it was designed per the patron's taste? I thought it was reasonable to take this as a good basis for inferring the patron would have liked the work thus got satisfied.
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Silver

Yes, the "one" there is referring to the patron. But we don't know if that's the same as satisfying the patron. The product may be something that reflects well on the patrons taste, but is still not satisfying to the patron. For example, I could get a high end fashion designer to make a super artsy outfit for a gala for me. That outfit could reflect well on my taste, however, I could find it personally unsatisfying because it's so uncomfortable, or I don't really care what people think about my taste. Personally satisfying is very different than reflecting well on a person's taste.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.