LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post below with any questions!
 Eduardo de la Rosa
|
I chose B, incorrectly; credited response is E. If someone could evaluate this reasoning:

B is not credited because it doesn't resolve the paradox presented: If someone who is most likely to be receptive to mass-media campaign is also least likely to have their minds changed by knowing a product booster is a product booster, then this couldn't explain why product boosters disclosing their affiliation makes the product more likely to be sold, as answer choice B already states that these folks are immune to the product booster disclosing their affiliation. E, on the other hand, is essentially saying that disclosing product booster's affiliation creates conditions that make it more likely for someone to buy the product, thereby increasing the success of the campaign and resolving the paradox.

Is there a straighter road to get to answer choice E?
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Eduardo,

You've got it exactly right! I wouldn't change a thing about your explanations or understanding of answer choices B and E.

I don't think there's a straighter road than the one you've traced out. One thing that may be helpful on future Resolve questions is (before you dive into the answer choices) to clearly state to yourself with precision and specificity what the "paradox" is you're trying to explain. Here, I'd say something like what you said in your explanation: "why does a product booster disclosing his or her affiliation make the product they're boosting more likely to be sold?" That way, as you're going through the list of answer choices, you can immediately evaluate them based on their explanatory power for that particular paradox.

I hope this helps!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.