LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

TargTru99^
|
Greetings,

I have no clue why the answer key puts a block containing all the four variables in one block in the setup diagram. Can anyone please explain to me? I just simply do not understand the answer key's symbolization of the rule in this question. It is not making any sense to me.
 Brook Miscoski
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Targ,

Look at the spaces below the box containing R,S,T, and V. You will notice that the box hovers over exactly 3 spaces. That shows that you must choose 3 of those 4 variables for those 3 spaces.

That question drill is intended to show you how you would diagram a single rule in a game. In context, the scenario and rules might have been something like this:

Eight applicants, QRSTVXYZ are applying for a job at NewCo, and exactly five of those applicants will be hired.

Of the four applicants R,S,T, and V, exactly 3 are hired.
...other rules...

You would symbolize that RSTV occupies 3 hire selections and 1 non-hire selection.
You would symbolize that QXYZ occupies 2 hire selections and 2 non-hire selections.

We find it convenient to show that by floating those variables above their reserved spaces. This will help remind you to correctly reserve spaces while playing the game.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.