LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

bd622
|
On question 21, I cannot figure out why the passage can be best described as "exploring a complex question" because no question really seems to be discussed -- I saw the passage as more of an exploration of a concept (fakes, authenticity, etc.). I chose C, even though I didn't really find that answer choice befitting of the question either.

Thank you for your help!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for your question--it brings up a valuable point: often the correct answer choice will not perfectly fit your prephrase--but that's ok, because you only need to look for the choice that best answers the question.

The complex question that this passage explores is, I suppose, something like "Where is the line between original and fake?" With that said, there is no way that I would have prephrased "exploring a concept question" either, but I, like you, would have eliminated the losers and been left with the correct answer choice.

I think the moral of this story is that although it's great when you can immediately see the right answer choice, sometimes process of elimination is the way to go.

I hope that's helpful! let me know--thanks!

~Steve
 bd622
|
Hey Steve,

Thanks for your help! Yes, there are times when my prephrase finds the perfect answer, but when it doesn't I can very easily fall into attractive answer choice traps. Just something I need to be cautious of and that get's better with practice I guess.

Thanks again!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.