LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Habgoodie
|
Hi. I am just starting out with Advanced Linear games and I have two questions about the first two games in this section.

June 1991 Questions 19-24.
How did they come to the conclusion that 2 of the 6 sets must be red? Maybe that helps to explain the rest of the game, but I could not figure out 22 or 23!! :-?

Thanks.
 Jamie Caulkins
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Habgoodie,

To your first point, there must be exactly 2 sets of tickets that are red. Here's why. The last rule tells us no Feb tickets are Purple, meaning they are G/R/Y. 3rd rule tells us that in a given month, sets of tickets must be different, so we couldn't have 2 Gs in February, so it must be G/R/Y, in some order we cannot yet determine. So, 1 R allocated to February. Then, Rule 4 tells us EXACTLY 1 set is red for January, so we know there are two total red sets.

I'm not sure whether this would have led you to get 22 right, but it would help with 23. If line 3 in Feb is Y, then line 3 for Jan is G (rule 5). That means line 1 for Jan is R (cause P occupies #2 and you need a red cause Rule 4). So, January would be R-P-G. That would force Feb order of G-R-Y, which makes E correct.

Jamie
 Habgoodie
|
THANK YOU! I hate when you miss something simple like that and then it messes everything else up!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.