LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ellenb
|
Dear Powerscore,

Just had a really quick question for this game, is it really necessary to do all the not rules for this game? (they have it in the explanations, but would we do it on the test, for time efficiency purposes if we got a game like that? )

Thanks

Ellen
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Ellen,

That's a good question--sometimes Not Laws can provide information that is redundant. But it's probably worthwhile to err on the side of including Not Laws--even the ones that seem redundant, especially in your practice; to the extent that the information might be helpful in making a quick analysis, and to the extent that you are likely to forget any of those Not Law inferences, some redundant information could be helpful.

I'd recommend that as you practice, you err on the side of including Not Laws, even if they don't seem entirely necessary--it shouldn't take too much time, and you might find it helpful to play it safe. In retrospect, if you find that the extra inferences were extraneous, you can adjust your approach accordingly.

I hope that's helpful! Let me know--thanks!

~Steve

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.