LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ellenb
|
Dear Powerscore,

Had a quick question on the drills:

#9 Can we put the E_ _ F block, instead of using the D/F option? It just seems that E_ _ F block seems more constrainted, why do they do the D/F option first.

#10 Can we use a vertical placement for the lessons?

1 __ __
2__ __
3__ __
4__ ___

It just made more sense to me, but please let me know what will be the best option for this drill problem.

Regards,

Ellen
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Ellen,

Thanks for your questions. In response to your question about #9, you can certainly start with the E--F block. As for #10, you can use a vertical placement; there is nothing about that approach that is ineffective; we just tend to use horizontal setups unless there is some specific call for a vertical (with several floors of a building, e.g.).

I hope that's helpful!

~Steve
 ellenb
|
So for the drill number 9 why do they do the D/L option instead the E__ __ F block?

Thanks

Ellen
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Ellen,

If the Not Laws can lead you to infer that the 7th space is limited to D and F, that seems like a pretty reasonable place to start--since there are only two possibilities which dictate most of the remaining setup. Again, it is also reasonable to start with the biggest block, particularly in this instance of such tight restraints. Sometimes there are a few different legitimate ways to get to the right answer.

I hope that's helpful!

~Steve

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.