LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lsatstudier
|
Hi,

I was wondering if you could clarify something for me. #9 on p. 3-43 in the LSAT course book has a restriction that reads "Company F is the third building to the east of Company E. How do you determine the correct number of spaces to put between E and F in your block rule? I don't understand how I keep messing this up in making my block rule.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance!
 Clay Cooper
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lsatstudier,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forum! I think you will find it a valuable resource.

Ok, check out these buildings:

A B C D E F G H

Now, if up is North, which building is the third building east of B? Well, when counting buildings east of B, we do not count B. That leaves C as the first building east of B. D, then, would be the second building east of B, and that means that E is the third building east of B. So, if I had a rule that told me Y is the third building east of X, I could leave blank spaces representing the first and second buildings east of X in constructing my block:

X _ _ Y

The first blank represents the first building east of X, and the second blank represents the second building east of X. If I know Y is the third building east of X, therefore, my block would look like the one immediately above this paragraph.

I hope that helps! Keep working hard.
 lsatstudier
|
Thank you so much! This is really helpful!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.