LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

gabs.baker
|
Can anyone help me understand why the book explanation has the variable "L" circled in the diagram (on page 1-119)?

Thanks!
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Good question--it doesn't explicitly say why it's circled in the explanation. I think the answer might lie in the first asterisked point on 1-119: "This is an extremely difficult chain to diagram. L links to both K and J..."

The reason I think L is circled is to remind the reader that it is connected to K, despite the line spacing and the > sign not extending to include L. Circling it indicates that there should be a break in the diagram despite the typographical limitation of representing this (though you easily could in a hand drawing), so that you know that L is connected to both J and K.
 jpincus
|
My question is in regards to #9 on this game. The answer states that M cannot be harvested before 6th. However, couldn't M come before H so it can be in the fifth place.
Ex: P, G, K, L, M, H, J, T

Thanks!
 James Finch
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi J,

It looks like you're forgetting the last rule, that M must go after T, as you have T last. But only M or J can go last, as all other variables have rules forcing other variables after them.

Hope this helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.