LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lunalondon
|
Hello,

I was wondering about a query I had for the Lesson 1 Pure Sequencing Diagramming Drill. Not sure this is where I am meant to ask the question but I´ll go ahead.

On page 101, example 3 says: "D is not taller than C". The question then asks who can be the shortest. C can be the shortest only if it ties with D, but can B, D and C all be the shortest? Because the question has not said "no ties allowed" (which it could not have anyway given the relationship between D and C), could all three variables tie?

Thank you!
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Luna,

B, C, and D could all be tied for shortest. That would not violate any conditions given in the scenario or rules.

Incidentally, the claim "D is not taller than C" is consistent with the existence of ties, and nothing in the game excludes ties, but that rule does not require that ties are possible. It would be odd, but not incorrect, for the game to have a rule that says "D is not taller than C" and yet in some other place to say "no two people have exactly the same height as each other." This is purely hypothetical because we don't have any such information in this situation, but I wanted to bring it up to prevent a possible flawed inference that your parenthetical seemed to be making.

Robert Carroll
 lunalondon
|
Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.