LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

LSATer
|
After attending the class session, doing the online recap and attempting the homework problems, I seem to really be struggling with the numbers and percentages. Up to this point, this is has been the most difficult section for me. I am not sure what I am missing, but something is just not clicking for me. Any advice?

LSATer
 Clay Cooper
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi LSATer,

Thanks for your question, and welcome to the forum! I hope you will find it a valuable resource as you prepare.

I understand your difficulty - numbers and percentages problems can be very challenging. The recommendations that I have as far as how you can improve are not enjoyable, but I think they will help you. Here they are:

-Review the lesson. This is where the concept is most plainly laid out, and repetition will help you understand how to approach these questions. Read slowly and carefully and think about how to apply the techniques mentioned in the lesson.

-Be smart in your practice. Make sure, when practicing these questions, that you move slowly and deliberately at first - understand the numbers you have been given and how they relate to each other; prephrase, as specifically as possible; and check your work carefully. Make sure that on any question you miss, you review it until you understand exactly where you went wrong (and, thus, what you could have done differently).

This work is tedious, I realize, but that may be the price of improving understanding on such a difficult question type. Good luck, and work hard - I am confident it will pay off for you. Take heart in the fact that students tend to find numbers and percentages problems much less challenging once they kind of get over the hump of understanding how they work.
 LSATer
|
Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.