LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 ChicaRosa
|
I don't understand why D is correct instead of C?

I thought it was C because Passage A says that cosmic justice focuses on outputs instead of inputs and Passage B mentions that traditional justice is about impartial processes rather than either results or prospects.

But is D correct because traumatic childhood is suppose to represent background information to consider before determining a decision?

Thanks!
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ChicaRosa wrote:I don't understand why D is correct instead of C?

I thought it was C because Passage A says that cosmic justice focuses on outputs instead of inputs and Passage B mentions that traditional justice is about impartial processes rather than either results or prospects.

But is D correct because traumatic childhood is suppose to represent background information to consider before determining a decision?

Thanks!

Hello,

A key point of passage is A is that cosmic justice might focus on inputs, but we can't, since we're not brilliant enough to figure out all the inputs and their impacts. Therefore, we fallible human beings have to focus on outputs.
As for answer C, an impartial process is not an input. In fact, Sowell could even argue that a really impartial process might ignore "inputs" entirely, at least inputs like the details of someone's unpleasant childhood.
And yes, "D [is] correct because traumatic childhood is suppose[d] to represent background information to consider before determining a decision".

David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.