LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 dianaknazz
|
The last questions (21) "The author's attitude toward the inquisitorial system can best be described as..."; I can understand why answer choice (b) is correct, but I do not understand why answer choice (c) would be incorrect. To me it seems that the author is stating a clear preference towards the inquisitorial system--is it just a matter of tone (i.e: optimistic is too strong?)

I wasn't able to find any answer explanations for this one on powerscore, or anywhere on the internet for that matter--probably because it is as old as most people in their second year or taking the lsat. Anyway, does any one have any thoughts? Thanks so much in advance!
 BethRibet
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Diana,

Thanks for the question. Answer choice C is saying that the author is optimistic that the inquisitorial system will replace the adversarial system. The word "will" is not about what the author believes is best or prefers (assuming we accept that the author does prefer the inquisitorial system, which is not entirely certain). Answer choice C focuses on what the author believes must come to pass. There's actually no indication that the author has an opinion about what *will* prove true in future (which is not identical to what the author might like to have be true).

Hope this helps!
Beth

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.