LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 blade21cn
|
I'm really confused by this question. It relates to the overwintering generation and how an unusually warm weather in the winter months would affect their offsprings. I thought both (A) and (B) are talking about the wrong group - "eggs formed by water bugs in the autumn." Wouldn't they be the offsprings of the summer generation?

Line 45 points out that "[t]he dimorphism of micropterous and macropterous individuals in the summer generation expresses developmental flexibility; it is not genetically determined." Line 46 specifically states, "[t]he individual's wing form is environmentally determined by the temperature, to which developing eggs are exposed prior to their being laid." So how could the weather in the winter months affect the environmental temperature that eggs are exposed to in the autumn?

That's why I chose "(C), eggs of the overwintering generation formed in the autumn would not be affected by this temperature change." However, I do acknowledge that eggs of the overwintering generation would be formed in the spring, not the autumn. So in this sense, this answer choice doesn't make sense. Or am I missing something in this passage? Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.