LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (A).

Answer choice (A): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 lathlee
|
in 7-146, (the back page explanation part) line 14-19 has the relevant info to choose A) as the correct answer.

line 14-19: [edited to remove quoted text]

I don't see A) as the correct answer based on this information.
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lathlee,

I edited your question to remove the portions of the question you quoted, because the LSAT questions are copyrighted.

The lines you referenced indicate Navajo broke up borders with strips of color because they didn't like the Anglo preference for borders. Basically, they gave in to the push for change, but also subverted it at the same time. That's what A is saying - they didn't like the change, so they partially went along with it but also resisted.
 deck1134
|
I am curious as to why answer D is incorrect. I agree that A is correct, but isn't it necessarily that they did not like the banded style because it was rigid? How can we deal with this?

I really did poorly on this passage and am discouraged. Any tips?
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi deck1134,
For D a disintegration would mean that they were trying not to use the pattern/were moving towards not using the pattern at all. But according to the passage they were still using the bordered pattern, and Amsden's argument is that initially they included breaks through the border to resist the change that Anglos brought to their artistic styles. That leads us to answer A.
Hope that helps!
-Malila

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.