LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 deck1134
|
Could we get an explanation for why the answer is B? Is it simply that it is the only answer that fits?
 Malila Robinson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi deck1134,
Focus on: "In the Chief White Antelope blanket, (55) dated prior to 1865, ten years before the first Anglo trading post on the Navajo reservation, whole and partial diamonds interrupt the flowing design and become separate forms. Parts of diamonds arranged vertically at each side may be seen to anticipate the (60) border."
This seems to show that aspects that were credited to Anglo influence were actually present before Anglo influence set in, which supports Answer B
Hope that helps.
-Malila
 samseverino
|
I read where the powerscore book got the answer B from, but I don't understand why C wouldn't be correct considering the fact that throughout the passage the author suggest investigates and questions the evolution of the different styles. I see how B is right, but I don't see how C is wrong. Thanks for the help.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sam,

I have moved your question to the thread that discusses this question. :-D

Take a look at the discussion above and let's see if it helps clear up your question.

Thanks!
 ally.ni
|
Hi,

I am wondering where the explanation to Sam's question is? I am also confused about the same thing!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ally,

Let's see if I can help here!

In these "function" questions (that ask about what the author is doing in the passage), it's important to search the passage for the abstract issues the answer choice raises. It's true, as Sam says, that the passage discusses and even question's one person's view of the evolution of different styles. But does the passage propose "alternate methods of investigating" style evolution? I can't find anything in the passage that backs that up. What is a "method of investigating" something? It's a way of studying it. For example, a method of investigating art styles might involve comparing various examples of art that does (or doesn't) fit within that style. But does the author really ever propose something like that (or something different than that) as a way of studying Navajo art styles? I just can't find it. I see a lot of author discussion of the specific Navajo art techniques. I just don't see anything where the author discusses the way we should study those techniques. That's why answer choice C can't work here.

I hope this helps!
 dimi.wassef@yahoo.com
|
Doesn't this passage concern itself with 4 styles of Navajo Weaving, though? And couldn't answer choice C be an arguable correct answer?
 Beth Hayden
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Dimi,

Answer choice (C) talks about alternate methods of investigating the evolution of styles. As Jeremy explains above, "method of investigating" means a way of studying the evolution of the weaving styles. The author here doesn't propose other ways of investigating the changes, they provide a different explanation for why the changes occurred.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Best,
Beth
 mollylynch
|
Why is D not an acceptable answer?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.