LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (E).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E): This is the correct answer choice.

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 salty
|
Hi,

I just wanted to make sure if my reasoning for answer choice E is correct.
I initially didn't really comprehend the question itself so I chose A which is an obvious wrong answer. I figured that the answer is E and is this because the "seventeenth-century rhetoric" describes scientists themselves performing the actual labor, and since Boyle did not, if Boyle 'did' perform the labor as in the answer choice E, the rhetoric would accurately describe what it urges for?

I hope I made this clear...and any clarification or further explanation for this question would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Salty,

Good question--seems like you've got it. The referenced rhetoric "insisted that authentic science depended upon actual experiments performed, observed, and recorded by the scientists themselves," so this rhetoric would more accurately described the experimentation done in Boyle's lab if Boyle had done the actual labor involved in the experiments.

Nice work! Please let me know whether this is responsive to your request--thanks!

~Steve

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.