LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 cgleeson
|
Hi,
I chose C but I see that answer may be better suited as the conclusion made by the author. I clearly understand what the main point is, and how it is stated in D. Is it safe to say that the conclusion and the main point can certainly differ? Another thing I did was in using VIEWSTAMP I did not anticipate the main point....clearly obvious.

Is my idea about C correct?
Chris 8-)
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Chris,

The main point of a passage is a combination of the conclusion and the reasons for writing the passage. The main point should sum up the ideas in the passage overall, and not just the ideas in certain smaller parts of the passage. Answer choice (C) covers part of the passage, mainly the research by Landes and Badinter. There was more to the passage however, covers the description of what was happening as well. Both ideas (the evaluative as well as the descriptive) are part of the overall main point.

Hope that helps.
 cgleeson
|
It does Rachel, I understand that answer choice C is a partly correct of the equation, not the main point.
Many thanks fr your help.
8-)
Rachael Wilkenfeld wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:35 pm Hi Chris,

The main point of a passage is a combination of the conclusion and the reasons for writing the passage. The main point should sum up the ideas in the passage overall, and not just the ideas in certain smaller parts of the passage. Answer choice (C) covers part of the passage, mainly the research by Landes and Badinter. There was more to the passage however, covers the description of what was happening as well. Both ideas (the evaluative as well as the descriptive) are part of the overall main point.

Hope that helps.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.